Protein skimmer thoughts?

Yesevil123

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 13, 2024
Messages
194
Reaction score
100
Location
Rumford
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pros and cons of this protein skimmer. Going to have a heavy bioload in a 55 gallon tank with reef and fish

Screenshot_20250201_095217_Amazon Shopping.jpg
 
Love my reef octo
 
I use the classic 90 HoB on my 90g and haven't had any issues with it in all the years I've owned. As for your concern about a heavy bio load skimmers aren't a magic solution to curing regular maintenance. They just help things along.
 
Okay. I just don't have the room for a sump. I have no problem maintaining my tank. I'm just trying to figure out a solution
 
Okay. I just don't have the room for a sump. I have no problem maintaining my tank. I'm just trying to figure out a solution
I also don't use a sump. The protein skimmer definitely helps though. Getting one that is meant for your tank size is going to be the correct route. Bigger doesn't mean better.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new