PSA: The best containers/dispensers for DI resin

tmnails

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been on the hunt for a better way to store and refill my DI resin, and I came across this fantastic solution.

Screenshot_20220126-213756.png

And here we are filled with DI resin:
PXL_20220127_033503901.jpg

There are three things that make this the perfect solution for DI resin in my eyes.

Firstly, it has a gasketed seal. I've stored resin in this container for months now, and there are zero signs of resin being consumed by open air. There is no discoloration anywhere in the resin, even near the gasket itself. There is also a tiny amount of condensation inside the container which tells me the moisture naturally occurring in the resin isn't allowed to escape. This all indicates a very good seal, for our purposes at least.

Secondly, and just as important to me, is the pour spout. I am now able to fill a cartridge with absolutely zero spillover without fussing with a funnel. Invert the container over the cartridge, gently squeeze, and the resin pours out easily. It then stops when you stop squeezing. I had no idea something so simple could make me so happy.

Third, the larger 6 refill (7.5 lb) resin bag from BRS fits perfectly into two containers. In my picture, I just had emptied an entire new bag and filled both to the top.

Bonus Fourth, it's $25 for the two pack currently. Great solution without spending a ton.

I'm sure some have already been using these, or something similar, but it's new to me and I love it so I thought I'd share.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for posting this. It looks like a good solution.

Note to self: Dont eat breakfast with @tmnails

Lips Chewing GIF

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back