Psammacora care?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tbg299
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tbg299

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 18, 2021
Messages
391
Reaction score
169
Location
US
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I recently got my first frag of Psammacora coral as part of a holiday deal ( John Deere Xmas psammacora). Does this sps thrive in high light and high flow? How does it grow? Is it encrusting or plating? I really don't know anything about this coral species so any advice would be appreciated.
7221-stock_1.jpg
 
Lol I actually bought it from tidal gardens. I know they say it tolerates a range of lighting and flow. I was just asking advice from people who have had success growing it.
 
I was also wondering what a large Psammacora colony looks like. Something like this?
tatspsammi.jpg
 
i find mine did not like alot of light, so i have it off to the side in my tank low par and it started to take off..
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new