Pseudochromis/Dottyback Appreciation Thread.

• Thread starter inactive
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thought I'd add my bad boy to this thread! He's always throwing down with my sixline wrasse. Nobody messes with my Maroon though. Wish I could throw another fish into the mix but these three are pretty aggressive.

can't figure out how to add direct pics yet.

Last edited:

detguy123

I'm a pain in the wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i kpet a neon years ago..i will try to do some digging around and see if i can find some pics..they are very cool fish mine was a little nasty but very very sweet looking..nice pics everyone

Chelsey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a pair of Queenslands as part of my broodstock, not yet spawning, but they haven't been a pair THAT long...just since Jan 8 of this year. They were a PAIN to pair up...the female got her fins shredded several times and they are the only two fish in a 55 gallon tank!

OP
OP
I

inactive

View Badges
I've got a pair of Queenslands as part of my broodstock, not yet spawning, but they haven't been a pair THAT long...just since Jan 8 of this year. They were a PAIN to pair up...the female got her fins shredded several times and they are the only two fish in a 55 gallon tank!

Oh man, you can't tell me all this and not throw some pictures up!!!

OP
OP
I

inactive

View Badges
I had a dream I was a Pseduochromis last night, decided it was a nightmare when I looked into the tanks reflection and I was actually a Royal Gramma.. *** :(

Chelsey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here ya go Kraylen. I didn't post pics of them at first because the only pictures of them I have are when they're in the acclimation bucket. The pics don't show their true colors AT ALL but I try not to harass my broodstock ;)

Male, looking very peeved:
maledotty.jpg

Female, looking equally peeved:
femaledotty.jpg

Whatever specks appear to be on the female are actually just particles in the water...she's perfectly healthy :)

I bought the pair of orange tailed dottybacks off of Diver's Den last night...they'll be here tomorrow!!! :D

OP
OP
I

inactive

View Badges
OMG I want to eat them!!!

Ahh, so jealous... Try to get some new pics of them! :)

MTH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Neon that is out of his mind. Any new fish I add big or small gets the royal butt kicking. I had a large sixline in a nano that was getting too aggressive so thought it would be a good idea transfering him to my 60g prop tank that has the Neon. Bad idea. The wrasse was dead within a day. I must say though, he is one beautiful fish. Really rich orange with the blue highlights.

OP
OP
I

inactive

View Badges
Yeah, neons can be relentless!! They are so interesting though... :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 58 54.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.5%
Back