Puffer fish has something under his skin

Saltlife954!

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 17, 2022
Messages
14
Reaction score
4
Location
Fort Lauderdale
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys anyone have any clue what this could be on my puffer? I treated the tank with parasite meds but I’m a beginner and I don’t know what’s going on I want to help him I have no clue how to please if anyone has any suggestions it’s getting darker and has been about 2 weeks since I noticed it

0A0F99F4-FA90-4899-8DC9-921F60285352.jpeg 9885EA6F-E13A-40DD-AC80-C8804FFF08E7.jpeg 4E030293-5691-4DA4-8B07-DCBB44899586.jpeg
 
So update nothing has happens yet I got better pics it’s still moving under the skin
 

Attachments

  • 24D26B30-7B87-4674-B07F-A3E6E33F7019.jpeg
    24D26B30-7B87-4674-B07F-A3E6E33F7019.jpeg
    175.7 KB · Views: 60
  • B508D0F7-FE63-4352-B028-514CC9D11F15.jpeg
    B508D0F7-FE63-4352-B028-514CC9D11F15.jpeg
    117.8 KB · Views: 74
  • D33DB64F-44E3-4FDD-912F-E4DC24ED3AF9.png
    D33DB64F-44E3-4FDD-912F-E4DC24ED3AF9.png
    615 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0310.MOV
    27.9 MB
Upvote 0
So update nothing has happens yet I got better pics it’s still moving under the skin
That looks about in the same location as it did on 11/19?
Jay
 
Upvote 0
I took it to a fish store and they said it was a flatworm IDK I bought some red stuff I’m not home at the min
 
Upvote 0
I took it to a fish store and they said it was a flatworm IDK I bought some red stuff I’m not home at the min
Flatworm? That would be a monogenean. These are common fish parasites, but I’ve not seen one that large or move around like that. Praziquantel will control those, not sure what the red stuff you mentioned is…
Jay
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new