Puffer suggestion for 40 breeder

Reef.Blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! I was looking into getting a puffer for my 40 breeder. I was interested in getting a blue spotted puffer, but I am open to any recommendations for puffers. Do they get along with most fish and if they don't which ones? Thanks!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey guys! I was looking into getting a puffer for my 40 breeder. I was interested in getting a blue spotted puffer, but I am open to any recommendations for puffers. Do they get along with most fish and if they don't which ones? Thanks!
As long as no coral

blue spot
Valentini
Spotted toby
Black saddle

Lineatus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can potentially keep most small puffers with coral. I’ve had success with valentini puffers in mixed reefs throughout the years, it’s always a large risk though and my accounts are obviously anecdotal

OP
OP
Reef.Blue

Reef.Blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can potentially keep most small puffers with coral. I’ve had success with valentini puffers in mixed reefs throughout the years, it’s always a large risk though and my accounts are obviously anecdotal
Thank you!

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id recommend a Valentini Puffer, you can keep something with some sass to it so it doesn't get bossed around and will get some food or that can find other food, maybe a clown (take that with a grain of salt)

as for fish, what cannot be kept, is very small and skittish fish, they will be attacked or outcompeted

OP
OP
Reef.Blue

Reef.Blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id recommend a Valentini Puffer, you can keep something with some sass to it so it doesn't get bossed around and will get some food or that can find other food, maybe a clown (take that with a grain of salt)

as for fish, what cannot be kept, is very small and skittish fish, they will be attacked or outcompeted
Thank you!

Back