Puffers and Eels

dreamcatcherr9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I get some recommendations on the most docile and easy to care for puffers and eels?

I have had Porc puffer a long time ago and I can’t decide if I want another or a Stars and Stripes? What about Mappa or any others you may have experience with?

Eels I have had zero experience with. And while they kind of freak me out (not a fan of snakes); I am also very intrigued.

So for an eel, something easy to care for? I know snowflakes are common and more affordable than others (?). Any other recommendations?

Looking to purchase on line, I’d love recommendations if you have recent experience with a particular distributor.

Oh, my tank is a 6ft, 250 gallon system. Thank you!

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A stars and stripes is a nice puffer that can be very docile, the dogface is the best puppy dog puffer by far. Mappa's are very attractive when young but get to almost the size of a soccer ball, no joke. Even a large fish in a 500g.

Snowflakes and many of the pebble tooths will be good hoices in eels. The zebra is another popular eel but does get vet large. If you like them, start with a snowflake. Do youf research on care and feeding go see if an eel is right for you.

If you are in Vegas, go to Reptiles and Reef in Henderson and talk to Ty, he will order you whatever you want and even now he has some good soufces. They have a chainlink eel right now which is also a popular pebble tooth eel.

Here's my yellow belly dogface puffer.
20200705_180112.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back