Pulling water through GEO Calcium Reactor with peristaltic pump

JordanM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up my Geo 612x2 currently and will be pulling the water through the reactor. I just want to make sure I am plumbing this correctly. So the feed line (black) will be inserted into the top of the tank and pulls water down into the main feed tube of the reactor, which is opposite the CO2 input (white). Then I have the tube that comes out the top of the reactor (blue) that enters the input on the FXSTP peristaltic pump which then pushes the water back up to the tank to complete the cycle. Does this all sound correct?

Also, I would like to use the probe holder to secure both of these input and output lines. This puts them within 3" of one another. Is this an issue to have the input sucking so close to the output?

LouieP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you have photos, it will be easier to help you out!

Jose riesgo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s it going. I have the same reactor/pump as you and having trouble finding correct set up info on it how’s yours working out? Any pics of the set up you don’t mind sharing?

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up my Geo 612x2 currently and will be pulling the water through the reactor. I just want to make sure I am plumbing this correctly. So the feed line (black) will be inserted into the top of the tank and pulls water down into the main feed tube of the reactor, which is opposite the CO2 input (white). Then I have the tube that comes out the top of the reactor (blue) that enters the input on the FXSTP peristaltic pump which then pushes the water back up to the tank to complete the cycle. Does this all sound correct?

Also, I would like to use the probe holder to secure both of these input and output lines. This puts them within 3" of one another. Is this an issue to have the input sucking so close to the output?

Sounds right to me.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 127 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back