Pump for ATO

  • Thread starter Thread starter TAHK
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TAHK

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 29, 2020
Messages
98
Reaction score
28
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I have been using Tunze ATO for a while with the reservoir sitting under the aquarium. I would like to move it out of the house (25 feet with 4 ft vertical). I think I want to try the Tunze switched outlet to control the pump. Can anyone recommend the pump that would work on such a switch? As a bonus I would like to stick with the RO tubing for simplicity.
So the requirements
1. Pump comes on once the outlet switched on and didn’t require programming.
2. Pump doesn’t require priming.
3. Able to use RO tubing(optional).
Open to any suggestions.
Thank you in advance.
 
Thank you. I am familiar with Kamoer and DOS. I use Kamoer XTP for the Ca Reactor and DOS FOR AWC. I stay away from Sicce. The Kamoer I have needs programming once it comes on. That would not work with the switched outlet. I think DOS would do the same…
 
I use a neptue pmup that is has similar head on it with no problem. 25 feet horizontal with 9 feet vertical. 1/4" ro tubing. It does pump a bit slower but it works and has lasted without issue.

I have considered upsizing the tubing to 3/8 or 1/2 inch to see if it puts less strain on the pump and maybe higher flow.
 
On a related note does anyone tried what happens when Camorr has its power cut off and restarted. Does pump returns to pre
Set rate or does it require re-programming?
 
I use a neptue pmup that is has similar head on it with no problem. 25 feet horizontal with 9 feet vertical. 1/4" ro tubing. It does pump a bit slower but it works and has lasted without issue.

I have considered upsizing the tubing to 3/8 or 1/2 inch to see if it puts less strain on the pump and maybe higher flow.
Is Neptune pump the one that comes with their ATO?
 
On a related note does anyone tried what happens when Camorr has its power cut off and restarted. Does pump returns to pre
Set rate or does it require re-programming?
Depends on the pump. The FX-STP will resume its programing automatically whe power is restored. The x1 will not. I can't speak for the other Kamoer pumps.
Is Neptune pump the one that comes with their ATO?
Yes put you can run it separately if you choose to with the correct power supply.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new