Pump for Water Mixing Station

The Gas Man

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 30, 2025
Messages
27
Reaction score
17
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20250819_101554_FD93AC47-8CDF-48AA-AAB6-9A7942BFB365.png


20250819_101554_51A86A85-C845-4D31-86E7-ED8174FF780C.png


20250819_101555_F22EDB97-8EEC-457B-A9BB-AB5EB092BB60.png


Thinking about this pump for my mixing station. I will need to pump water about 3ft vertical then 55ft horizontal from the water tanks to the aquariums. Will this be adequate for the transport? Will it be too much for the mixing function? Thanks.
 
20250819_101554_FD93AC47-8CDF-48AA-AAB6-9A7942BFB365.png


20250819_101554_51A86A85-C845-4D31-86E7-ED8174FF780C.png


20250819_101555_F22EDB97-8EEC-457B-A9BB-AB5EB092BB60.png


Thinking about this pump for my mixing station. I will need to pump water about 3ft vertical then 55ft horizontal from the water tanks to the aquariums. Will this be adequate for the transport? Will it be too much for the mixing function? Thanks.
 
I run a sicce adv 7.0 on my mixing station and its rated at 1900 gph as well. I mix 40 gallons with ease. I also run 50 feet to tanks and about 4 ft up. It does the job so id imagine this pump will work for you. I don't have crazy high flow when filling the tanks but that isn't necessary.
 
That pump is sizable and will definitely work. I use an iwaki md 55 and it is more than adequate. You can often find them refurbished on eBay. FWIW my travels up 8’ and over approx 50’.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new