Pump from QT

OGKro

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 24, 2022
Messages
73
Reaction score
23
Location
Luxembourg
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i had to do a water change and i only had one more pump that was running in my QT. The qt is fishless right now but i completely forgot there was still copper in the water. I used that pump to mix my water that goes in my main tank. I immediately put carbon in the sump of my main tank to remove it tho.

Is this going to be a fatal mistake for my corals ?
 
So i had to do a water change and i only had one more pump that was running in my QT. The qt is fishless right now but i completely forgot there was still copper in the water. I used that pump to mix my water that goes in my main tank. I immediately put carbon in the sump of my main tank to remove it tho.

Is this going to be a fatal mistake for my corals ?
Cuprisorb will remove copper effectively. Copper will also kill invertebrates.
 
Upvote 0
So i had to do a water change and i only had one more pump that was running in my QT. The qt is fishless right now but i completely forgot there was still copper in the water. I used that pump to mix my water that goes in my main tank. I immediately put carbon in the sump of my main tank to remove it tho.

Is this going to be a fatal mistake for my corals ?
I'm assuming you just picked up the pump, let it drip for a minute, and dropped it in the mixing vat. Turned it on and thought, "oh no".
Correct?

If it was me....
I would not worry one bit. Not enough copper to do diddly squat. Did you know, copper is in seawater anyway?
 
Upvote 0
I'm assuming you just picked up the pump, let it drip for a minute, and dropped it in the mixing vat. Turned it on and thought, "oh no".
Correct?

If it was me....
I would not worry one bit. Not enough copper to do diddly squat. Did you know, copper is in seawater anyway?
Yeah i picked up the pump and let it drip for a bit. But it was still wet. Mixed the saltwater and poured the water in the sump. I immediately used carbon and zeolite to remove excess copper if too much made it in.

No i didn't know. I thought copper was a big nono and you dont want one bit of it in your water.

Should i keep the carbon and zeolite in the sump ? If so for how long ?
I also bought cuprisorb and will get it friday.

What would you do in my place ?
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new