Pump Suggestions

Trumptitan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my current mag 18 I think is approaching the end of the line not sure how old it is but it does not like to start back up after powering down even after a good vinegar bath and was wondering opinions on a solid submersible pump. I have a head of around 11 ft and would like to stay in the same flow area or a slight bit more. The overflow is a glassholes 750gph unit that drops directly down into the sump via 2" pipe. The mag is great just wondering what others ideas are.

Ari21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ehiem make good quality pumps that are very quiet.

Mrezy33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I replaced a mag 12 and a 18 with a Speedwave DC 1000. Runs quite, has 6 speeds and a feeding pause. Uses about half the power. It may have been discontinued but the Diablo 1050 is same pump. Good luck!

Wesus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I replaced a mag 12 and a 18 with a Speedwave DC 1000. Runs quite, has 6 speeds and a feeding pause. Uses about half the power. It may have been discontinued but the Diablo 1050 is same pump. Good luck!

Diablo DC pumps are not pressure rated and they are not recommended for second floor applications. Same applies to Jebao DC and DCT pumps

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back