Pumps on back wall

nycxdinorex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everybody. I know this is kinda a noob question. Why do people put pumps on the back wall? Is there any benefits to it? Isnt the space between the back and front kind of small? Wouldn't everything get blown? Just curious about these answers. I may end up putting pumps on the back wall too since ive seen so many people do it

SchrutesReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes with a cube tank it helps create a random flow from the flow bouncing off the front glass. Plus it’s a super clean setup with the power cords and magnets all being camouflaged by the (typically) black panel

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put mine on the back wall so they are not as visible as the would be on the side wall. They are pointed at the side.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't do it because I don't have a lot of space to put the magnets behind my tank. If I drop one it's probably take forever to fish it out. Also I only have gyres so no real way to point the flow diagonally down the length of the tank

But I would absolutely like to place them there to help hide the magnets and wires. Having a non-obstructed side view of the tank would be nice.

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back