Punk Fish

eddiegee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was gifted a Six Line Wrasse yesterday and already regretting the decision to put him in the tank.

Total punk that thinks own the entire tank. Harassing the smaller clown fish and CuC. Tried to take him out of the tank last night but proving difficult.

Do the clowns have a chance to survive the Wrasse?

E894316C-3D5A-4F2D-8CA6-9B48C9029A87.jpeg

Alaeriel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure to feed well and possibly put some small mirrors on the sides of the tank. May help to distract him. Would be a good excuse to get a larger tank setup, too XD For the wrasse, of course. Though this one does look pretty new.

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a pic of your hardscape so you can put it back together and remove the six line - devil spawn fish and would take years of intense therapy to "cure" him of natural territorial behavior, lol.

Smprc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to agree. Take him out. I keep losing shrimp and I recently lost 2 new wrasse additions. I had no clue why they died until I noticed how aggressive the 6 line is. Now I had to order a trap and hope for the best. Don't get me wrong I actually like the fish, just is a punk...like my gold rim, but at least the gold rim doesn't harass to the point of killing the other tangs.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back