Stocking for 30 gallon

philbot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was wondering if 2 clowns, a fire fish, royal gramma, six line wrasse, and a bicolor blenny is overstocked or not for a 30 gallon tank. It’s going to be a reef tank with a cleanup crew of a cleaner shrimp, some snails, hermits, and maybe a tuxedo urchin. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

thomas_neil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was wondering if 2 clowns, a fire fish, royal gramma, six line wrasse, and a bicolor blenny is overstocked or not for a 30 gallon tank. It’s going to be a reef tank with a cleanup crew of a cleaner shrimp, some snails, hermits, and maybe a tuxedo urchin. Any thoughts?
Whats filtration? Youre really pushing it with that many fish in a 30 gallon. I have a 20 with 2 clowns, bi color blenny and a fire fish. Everyones small still so no territorial issues yet.

Fire fish, blenny, and gramma will all want there own spot on the rock work to hide. The wrasse will need swimming space (6 lines have a temper issue as well). Id suggest the clowns, fire fish, blenny, and decide between the wrasse and gramma. Confirm your filter set up can handle the bioload as well, nanos are tricky with over stocking and over feeding.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally wouldn't put more than four fish in a 30 gallon tank. The pair of clowns could be come aggressive when they start spawning.

I've had a pair of clowns with a gramma in a 29. The same clowns are with a sixline wrasse now... can't add anything else because of the sixline. My clowns are fine as long as you don't mess with their home rock/coral.

I like giving fish a little bit of room to grow and roam.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back