Pure Sine Wave Inverter with Integrated Transfer Switch?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ccurnick
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ccurnick

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 17, 2018
Messages
391
Reaction score
566
What state or country do you live in
Washington, D.C.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like many others after watching what occurred in Texas, I am taking my battery backup plan a bit more seriously.

Does anyone have experience with using a sine wave inverter with an integrated transfer switch like this one https://theinverterstore.com/product/2000-watt-pure-sine-inverter-with-transfer-switch/ ?

Planning on hooking it up to a large deep cycle battery. I am fairly good with electrical work, but transfer switches and batteries are outside of my wheelhouse & I think that using a unit that has both an inverter & transfer switch would be better than wiring my own transfer switch to an inverter/battery.
 
I think the only issue would be runtime with such a large inverter.
What would you be hooking up to it that needs 2000 watts?
Most lifesupport equipment is 12v-24v
With the exception of heaters. If you have 1500watts in heaters and want to back them up then i understand lol.

I use 4x 12v 18AH batteries for a return pump and 2 powerheads. Est. runtime up to 2 weeks.
Heaters and lighting will be the bigger challange for extended outages.

A small generator would solve any 120v issues too and as long as its gassed up, youll have no hiccups.
The auto backup pumps should be enough to sustain everything until you get home and plug in the heaters.
You can buy a predator inverter generator for about the same price as the inverter you listed.
 
Im in a condo building, so that rules out a generator. Was just linking that one as an example of the combo inverter/transfer, probably wouldn't end up getting one that large.

I am however planning on having my heaters (400w IM Helio) hooked up- at least during the winters.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new