Purple hornet growing rate

bushh23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Eggie - Don't let the photography snobs worry you. Some think it’s a requirement on R2R to be an expert at photography before posting. They forget they started as a beginner at some point. With the camera’s these days I can make my photos look completely different but we all forget about the lighting. You don’t need to do a thing (PS) to make them appear as if they had been manipulated. I’ve seen a few photos of some of the same people that are screaming PS do the same but they actually did PS (I’m sure they wouldn’t admit it). The point isn’t about your white balance nor if you did or didn’t PS your photos – this thread is about growth of Purple Hornets isn’t it. If you can see the growth of the Purple Hornets, who cares if it was photo shopped or not – shish.

Nice photos eggie – I can see you’re getting great growth. I’m also getting great growth with mine – I’d like to post a photo but I’m not really good with my camera so I really don’t want to put up with attacks by a few on this site. At times this site is worst than RC.

WOW WorsE than RC? You serious? I think they were just helping him by saying use less of what ever controls he may have used. I doubt they were just trying to bash him. Most people are here to help and even though it may come off in the wrong tone, i dont think it was meant that way. Rev would be the only one to decide that. But worsE than RC is a terrible accusation. You must be new here. Give it some time and i am sure you will see this is a great place and sometimes things can be mis-interpreted. This is a laid back forum and not really a place for drama. Colors or not, you can tell from his pics that they are PH and the real characteristics cant be photoshopped.

OP
OP
eggie

eggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Eggie - Don't let the photography snobs worry you. Some think it’s a requirement on R2R to be an expert at photography before posting. They forget they started as a beginner at some point. With the camera’s these days I can make my photos look completely different but we all forget about the lighting. You don’t need to do a thing (PS) to make them appear as if they had been manipulated. I’ve seen a few photos of some of the same people that are screaming PS do the same but they actually did PS (I’m sure they wouldn’t admit it). The point isn’t about your white balance nor if you did or didn’t PS your photos – this thread is about growth of Purple Hornets isn’t it. If you can see the growth of the Purple Hornets, who cares if it was photo shopped or not – shish.

Nice photos eggie – I can see you’re getting great growth. I’m also getting great growth with mine – I’d like to post a photo but I’m not really good with my camera so I really don’t want to put up with attacks by a few on this site. At times this site is worst than RC.

You know i was just thinking to myself after seeing your last line and i got the same opinion. People first thing they look at is how many time you post just to see if you know that much and then your avatar to see how many years you have been in the hobby like if that was important i seen people with more experienc not have that nice tank that newbies or youngsters are building

Thank you for your words

I dont photo shop my fotos the day i took my pics i was reading how to adjust the white balnace using a white spot of my tank and i saw some color just were to red spectrumes so i was playing i have got i little better at it. I will post pics of my PH once my lights go on

Ill be more than happy to proof some here they are the real deal some time i think it could be the very nice colors I got that makes them look fake

Maybe Bandito Rox that is a close friend of mine and Junior could chime in
just to proof there lineage and colors

Guys this a good place to be dont make it like the worst

bushh23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eggie try using the Wb setting of Shade. It seems to work best for our types of lighting. Youll get better colors that way too.

bushh23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know i was just thinking to myself after seeing your last line and i got the same opinion. People first thing they look at is how many time you post just to see if you know that much and then your avatar to see how many years you have been in the hobby like if that was important i seen people with more experienc not have that nice tank that newbies or youngsters are building

Thank you for your words

I dont photo shop my fotos the day i took my pics i was reading how to adjust the white balnace using a white spot of my tank and i saw some color just were to red spectrumes so i was playing i have got i little better at it. I will post pics of my PH once my lights go on

Ill be more than happy to proof some here they are the real deal some time i think it could be the very nice colors I got that makes them look fake

Maybe Bandito Rox that is a close friend of mine and Junior could chime in
just to proof there lineage and colors

Guys this a good place to be dont make it like the worst

Unless you're selling them, does it really matter to anyone but YOURSELF that they are real and who you got them from? You dont need to prove anything.

OP
OP
eggie

eggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had pretty good growth so far. Went from 1 to 4 in about a month and a half!

Bush read the post again and youll see i alway tend to read post 2 or 3 times before i post just to make sure i understand what people want to say

I know typing sometime changes the way of people saying things but sometime is just they type what they mean to say

Lets get back in course and forget about it ill just limite my self of posting like i always do thats one of reasons iam so low in post

bushh23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bush read the post again and youll see i alway tend to read post 2 or 3 times before i post just to make sure i understand what people want to say

I know typing sometime changes the way of people saying things but sometime is just they type what they mean to say

Lets get back in course and forget about it ill just limite my self of posting like i always do thats one of reasons iam so low in post

Now you dont need to limit yourself. You are just as welcome here as anyone else and constructive criticism isnt a bad thing. I couldnt take pics at all when i started. But i met people here who helped me with their experiences and now i like to think i am decent at it. Sikryd and browns are great people and i doubt they would just attack you. Search the threads here and you will see. Chad (sikryd) has helped me out a bunch and is very knowledgeable. Depending upon what other forums you may have been on, the change to this one may be harder because the abuse by mods and people on the others was so bad. Here they dont realy attack as the mods do a great job of policing and keeping the peace. Keep taking pics and keep putting them up as that is the ONLY way to get better and learn your camera!

But back to the thread......I dont feed mine directly and i dont have them in high flow but they are high in the tank and they have grown while some of my others (Darth Mauls & VDM) melted away in the last 2 weeks. Good luck with yours though and dont be affraid to move them up!

OP
OP
eggie

eggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eggie try using the Wb setting of Shade. It seems to work best for our types of lighting. Youll get better colors that way too.

Iam shooting with a Tamron 90mm ill try some pics and maybe you could coach me :nerd:

bushh23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iam shooting with a Tamron 90mm ill try some pics and maybe you could coach me :nerd:

Haha im not much of a coach. But i know that setting works best most of the time. The best advice i can give you is use a tripod and take A LOT of pics!! That is the key. You may find one out of 50 you like and be surprised on how well you did it!!

OP
OP
eggie

eggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now you dont need to limit yourself. You are just as welcome here as anyone else and constructive criticism isnt a bad thing. I couldnt take pics at all when i started. But i met people here who helped me with their experiences and now i like to think i am decent at it. Sikryd and browns are great people and i doubt they would just attack you. Search the threads here and you will see. Chad (sikryd) has helped me out a bunch and is very knowledgeable. Depending upon what other forums you may have been on, the change to this one may be harder because the abuse by mods and people on the others was so bad. Here they dont realy attack as the mods do a great job of policing and keeping the peace. Keep taking pics and keep putting them up as that is the ONLY way to get better and learn your camera!

But back to the thread......I dont feed mine directly and i dont have them in high flow but they are high in the tank and they have grown while some of my others (Darth Mauls & VDM) melted away in the last 2 weeks. Good luck with yours though and dont be affraid to move them up!

I like them were they are they have a good flow and lighting and since they are getting a decent growth I think I wont change them of place
+ a got a bunch of frags taking the upper part also

Those were some of my old pics this is a recent one i took of my BGM watermelon chalice it was 2 eyes now it 3 its not the best but i think iam getting better pics

DSC_0095.jpg

reefpeeper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had 2 go to 4 in a month, but then got zoa pox. lost 2 and now have slowed down a bit. lucky i was able to save 2.

OP
OP
eggie

eggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had 2 go to 4 in a month, but then got zoa pox. lost 2 and now have slowed down a bit. lucky i was able to save 2.

What do zoa pox look like i try to keep my tank pest free but i always like to know what pest looks like

aerius007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have mine on the bottom of the tank. I run 4 t5's and 2 250w 14k halides. Do you think I would get better growth by moving them up or could it be too much?

ReefArtist

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW WorsE than RC? You serious? I think they were just helping him by saying use less of what ever controls he may have used. I doubt they were just trying to bash him. Most people are here to help and even though it may come off in the wrong tone, i dont think it was meant that way. Rev would be the only one to decide that. But worsE than RC is a terrible accusation. You must be new here. Give it some time and i am sure you will see this is a great place and sometimes things can be mis-interpreted. This is a laid back forum and not really a place for drama. Colors or not, you can tell from his pics that they are PH and the real characteristics cant be photoshopped.

First off just because I don't post much doesn't mean I don’t have experience in reefing or taking photos. I have a feeling I started in this hobby before you were born (80’s). I have a 600+g system and happen to have my own reefing site – that tends to keep me busy. Sorry but I’ve seen this happen time and time again. If someone said to me that something I called Purple Hornets and JUST because they’re growing good for me they say they’re not the real deal – that’s not attacking? Then the same people that attack people about their photos do that same here – that’s not attacking? Sorry but to me it is and my only point is others see this and don’t feel their skills are up to par so they don’t post and share with others. This is one of the reasons I don’t here – I’m just not that great of a photographer. I do however post on my own forum because comments like that would not happen – everyone is welcome beginner to advanced reefers.

So the photos are a little over saturated who cares. He has great reefing skills and gets great growth – good job eggie. I’m not questioning the purple hornets because I’m also getting great growth and I also trust the person I purchased them from.

Anyone else have photos of their PH and their growth?

ReefArtist

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine on the bottom of the tank. I run 4 t5's and 2 250w 14k halides. Do you think I would get better growth by moving them up or could it be too much?

I have mine about 1/3 of the way up and they're under 250W Aqua Connects. I've almost doubled the polyps in there current location.

Zoa pox - I've had this from time to time on my zoas. At one time I treated with a fungus product (Can't remember right now - I'll get it if you would like to know). Now I treat them with Seachem's Reef Dip and it seems to be working just as good.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
OP
OP
eggie

eggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off just because I don't post much doesn't mean I don’t have experience in reefing or taking photos. I have a feeling I started in this hobby before you were born (80’s). I have a 600+g system and happen to have my own reefing site – that tends to keep me busy. Sorry but I’ve seen this happen time and time again. If someone said to me that something I called Purple Hornets and JUST because they’re growing good for me they say they’re not the real deal – that’s not attacking? Then the same people that attack people about their photos do that same here – that’s not attacking? Sorry but to me it is and my only point is others see this and don’t feel their skills are up to par so they don’t post and share with others. This is one of the reasons I don’t here – I’m just not that great of a photographer. I do however post on my own forum because comments like that would not happen – everyone is welcome beginner to advanced reefers.

So the photos are a little over saturated who cares. He has great reefing skills and gets great growth – good job eggie. I’m not questioning the purple hornets because I’m also getting great growth and I also trust the person I purchased them from.

Anyone else have photos of their PH and their growth?

+1 on the photos and thier growth
Lets just leave it here and tie the knots. I was almost thrown out of a forum cause people were judging me an my skills
I dont whant it to happen again here or else were. Iam not here to start fights. Iam here to help and learn and debate in a friendly and respectfull way

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a camera expert and either ps

I know they are PH i got the from Junior a couple of months back
So dont think they are fake pics

Ill get better shots tomarrow and wont retouch them so you could see ther natural colors

Wow! I didn't realize my comment about the photos looking weird would get so much grief.
I just meant they looked funny is all and if they were truly that color then they are sweet either way. I didn't mean that you were photoshopping them to make them look cool, or that they weren't true PH's. I was just saying they didn't look like "normal". Thats all. I didn't mean anything else by it.

Here is a picture of mine when I first got it - thats the only reason I thought it looked weird is cause the color is so different.

All my photos are PSed - its kinda hard putting my name on them without it ;)
I don't do color enhancement or anything. Wysiwyg as far as my photos. I know WB, glass, and everything in between plays a part, as well as picture taking skills.

Purplehornetandrasta.jpg

Last edited:

ReefArtist

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine about 1/3 of the way up and they're under 250W Aqua Connects. I've almost doubled the polyps in there current location.

Zoa pox - I've had this from time to time on my zoas. At one time I treated with a fungus product (Can't remember right now - I'll get it if you would like to know). Now I treat them with Seachem's Reef Dip and it seems to be working just as good.

Hope this helps.

Where do you have yours located eggie? Just wondering if they are about the same as mine. I recieved mine about two months ago with 5 polyps and now I have 12 - seems to be a good location. My Satans Breaths got a brown dusting on them and started to melt at the same location. Not sure if it was to high or just got it. I think the brown dusting that makes the polyps close and then die is a fungus but I'm not positive on that. I treated it the same as the zoa pox so only time will tell.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 40.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 43 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back