Purple hornet growing rate

BaNDiTo_RoX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay as Eggie stated I'm a very good friend of his and I did go to check out the PH he has to compare to the one's I got to make sure they were the real deal. Mines has linkage to Aqua-SD, We both have 6 Bulbs T-5 and the same combo lights. Below are my pictures with a Sony P/S I have not edit any of the photos so they are what they are. I do own a Nikon D-60 but I don't have a macro lens yet.

1st 2 pic's are under KZ-Newgen,ATI Actinic,ATI Blue +,ATI Blue +,ATI Blue +,ATI AquaBlueSpecial.
DSC05118.jpg

DSC05119.jpg

2nd Set are under ATI Actinic,ATI Blue +,ATI Blue +,ATI Blue +
DSC05108.jpg

DSC05110.jpg

I have 2 separate PH 1 was a single poly and the other was a 2 poly, The single after about 4wks has 3babies and the other has 2. I direct feed them once a week with a mixture of coral frenzy and cycolpeez, Does direct feeding have a good affect? I sure do believe it does.

OP
OP
eggie

eggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a recent pic playing around with some setting
No t the best but youll get the idea
yeiraspictures001.jpg

ReefArtist

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
eggie - I just can't get over your growth! That is fantastic and by the looks of that plug you're going to either frag them or get a larger frag plug ;D That's a good thing!

I must say this again eggie - very nice PH's!

ladyreefer1983

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine is under 150w mh...how can i gert mine to look like dark purple?your skirts are so bright yellow...they look nice..mine is just yellow green...:(

ReefArtist

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Luissse25 - how long have you had them? The first few that I got (lost them) looked just like yours when I first put them in my tank. After about a month they started to look more like the above and what you see around here.

So your lighting (type of bulb), your lighting period (how long you have your lights on), quality of your water, placement, etc, etc all play a part in getting your corals to color up.

OP
OP
eggie

eggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
eggie - I just can't get over your growth! That is fantastic and by the looks of that plug you're going to either frag them or get a larger frag plug ;D That's a good thing!

I must say this again eggie - very nice PH's!

Thank you im going to frag once this plug is cover and start a new plug :smile:

Luisse all i got is T5 maybe adding more blue and actinc light they could get that type of color

OP
OP
eggie

eggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are a couple of zoas i got they have gone from 5 to + a lost count

My pink zoas got this as a freebie of 5 like 5 months ago
yeiraspictures004.jpg

King Midas not the best pics but the were like 5-6
yeiraspictures005.jpg

I tend to confuse them but i think these are my gobstoppers (with Armageddons) there from Juniors linage I have both

yeiraspictures006.jpg

yeiraspictures007.jpg

I got nuclears and purple deths thay are all growing very nice

bushh23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lighting definitely matters. Under just my MH they arent as purple but under my t5s they glow purple and bright yellow. Try more blue in your bulb and you should get the color you want.

Eggie great other zoas and palys you have there. I need to get the Midas ones i think. Not much yellow in the tanks!

OP
OP
eggie

eggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my camera skills i think this is the best i could get

yeiraspictures014.jpg

ladyreefer1983

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the info guys..:smile:im upgrading soon and my lights will be 400w mh xm 20k and vho superactinics...my zoas should improve their colors once i put them under that lighting....here are some of my colonies...

Attachments

• red zoas.jpg
    red zoas.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 103
  • peachy yellow  zoas.jpg
    peachy yellow zoas.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 103

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The red/orange zoas are really nice.

thanks for the info guys..:smile:im upgrading soon and my lights will be 400w mh xm 20k and vho superactinics...my zoas should improve their colors once i put them under that lighting....here are some of my colonies...

OP
OP
eggie

eggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From 14 to 20 baby Hornets
I put a disk undernieth my colonies do you guy's think it will start to spred to the new disk or you think i should frag and glue

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my camera skills i think this is the best i could get

Thats a great pic.

From 14 to 20 baby Hornets
I put a disk undernieth my colonies do you guy's think it will start to spred to the new disk or you think i should frag and glue

I'd just let them grow on the new disc personally.
Fragging them can cause new growth sometimes, but it can also take a couple months for them to settle in and fully start growing.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 39.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 44 28.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back