Purple Monti - What Kind ??

fashionphile

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 2, 2008
Messages
122
Reaction score
7
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purple Monti - What Kind ?? Updated pic

Can someone ID this monti for me, best pic I can get with my crap camera

purpmonti1.jpg


purpmonti2.jpg


thanks!
 
Last edited:
I did some searching before coming here and I cant find any pics or comments on purple spongodes. Only green or green with purple polyps.
this one is Purple/blue with reddish polyps
 
Looks like the purple digi I saw in this guy's 800 gallon display tank. Really nice coral!
 
+1 for purple digi, but yeah the growth structure looks a lot like spongodes.
 
Here is a close up shot with flash. Still think its a digi?
this is the very best my camera can do... :(

purpmonti2a.jpg
 
Still think its a digi?
No...

Although Montipora can be very difficult to ID, I don't think this is M. digitata. Different flow patterns and light conditions can make the exact same species appear very different.

Whatever it is it's awesome. I'll take it if you're disappointed that it's not a digi ;)
 
Montipora is second only to acropora for number of species of reef building corals. I would be willing to bet it is not a digitata but it could be any number of species. Very sweet though!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new