Purple sponge on hammer. Should I remove it?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SamMule
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 18, 2020
Messages
1,674
Reaction score
1,704
What state or country do you live in
Montana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
16395284794054694223316322061068.jpg

Impossible to get a pic of the whole thing, but it's growing all around the hammer stem and down onto the rockwork. Do I need to worry about it taking over?
 
Usually they aren’t harmful but if you are worried about it you can always scrape it off with a razor blade.
 
I don't really care if it bothers this hammer a bit. Just as long as it doesn't become a giant nuisance and take over.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new