Purple Tang Burn?

  • Thread starter Thread starter FoxyFace
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

FoxyFace

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 21, 2016
Messages
145
Reaction score
71
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My purple tang developed this overnight. It looks like a burn to me. I’m looking for thoughts on what it may be.
5a1a4d46616a7006172038b8ca89ff01.jpg
 
There are others here who will be much more knowledgeable about disease. I will say it looks like a burn or serious scrape. It could be a burn from a coral or anemone. Is there a heater in the display? How is it acting?
 
No heater in the display. I was thinking nem or LPS burn. It's acting fine. I was shocked when I saw it. It was almost like it was stopping to show me.
 
This happened to me recently, two times in the past 3 weeks and it went away over night and or in 2 days. Mines is eating normally and back to regular health now
 
Not red, looks more white or bleached.
 
Not red, looks more white or bleached.

As mentioned above, it sounds more like a coral sting or injury of some sort. Meaning, it should heal without any intervention on your part. However, maintaining pristine water conditions and feeding vitamin enriched foods always helps.
 
Glad to hear. I have two large torches in my tank. Im not certain if that's what caused it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new