well in Denver they hassled 3 of us flying corals to cali, we each checked in different times and different baggage agents, one guy got away clean, I had to take the two "critters" I had brought (harlequin shrimp) and throw them in the trash :( The supervisor then decided the rest of it was ok but she was making an exception and let me fly.
Next one was in Orlando the TSA guy that x-rayed the box opened it, alerted the sw people and they told me I had urchins and other creatures that were not allowed, I argued for a while, they even accused me of illegally collecting it all (this was in florida mind you) so i had to spend the night there, re-book my flight and send it all on my cargo account (note the boxes go in the same place, same packaging etc, I just had to pay more). I also had a snag in Indianapolis and had to cargo it all, luckilly I was at the airport early enough that time to run to cargo and ship it all.