pvc clips dont seem tight enough

FishPersonFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I was just about to install PVC pipe clips to my stand to hold the pvc going through it, to then add support to the shadow overflow box. The pvc is 1" , so are the clips. I secure the clips all the way, but I can still pretty easily push the pvc throuhg the clip. How is that adding support? I would have to use the clips oriented as the pic, with the PVC vertically through the clip. Its two clicks to the tightest position, which i can push the pipe down through still. What am I doing wrong?
It's this clip. https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/sm-c...D=3400&indexName=brs_prod_m2_default_products
TIA

clip.jpg

Indymann99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PVC clamps like that are NOT designed to hold the pipe via ”friction”. In the mounting position you have it is designed to ”locate” the pipe. To support the pipe vertically in your application you would need to clamp the ”horizontal” pipe run.

OP
OP
F

FishPersonFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PVC clamps like that are NOT designed to hold the pipe via ”friction”. In the mounting position you have it is designed to ”locate” the pipe. To support the pipe vertically in your application you would need to clamp the ”horizontal” pipe run.
That makes sense though others on here assured me that orientation provides support which i just though umm ok.
From what i see online reefees use clips oriented parallel to friction. I have a leak from my shadow overdlow external box to bulkhead meeting. I was hoping i could solve it with support from tbe clips. But that wont happen. Ill need to start a new thread for that
Thanks!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back