PVC glue for bulkheads?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bigfish93
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
yes, PVC solvent is what's used to glue PVC tubing into a bulkhead.
 
Last edited:
yes, the PVC solvent is whats used to glue PVC tubing into a bulkhead.
Yup that's what I have always used. Be sure to use primer and when gluing make sure the pvc "bottoms out" in the bulkhead. Also give the pipe a little turn while the glue is wet to get a good bond.
 
I prefer threaded bulkheads for many reasons which I discuss here:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/installing-bulkhead-tips.34973/

+1 to this. Im in the middle of a 120 remodel, and Im about to use thd>slip for the bulkheads(slip in tank). I glued the PVC into the BH when I first set up the tank(4+ years), and wish I hadnt. I had to cut the pvc/bh to get all the plumbing out. wouldve been much easier to just unscrew it!

and dont forget the plasto-joint! I havent used it yet, but AZ reps it hard, so itll be showing up today from amazon, couldnt find it anywhere local.

HTH
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new