PVC Pipe

skipcurl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have a trick to dry thread all my PVC pipe? If I just push in the PVC pipe into the fitting, it is almost impossible to remove. I would like to dry run all my Slip runs on my homemade Saltwater Mixing and RO tanks.

BestCutter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never done that since they are not under pressure but maybe using a hair dryer on the outside piece will expand it enough to pull the inside piece out.

Dennis

mann1139

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normally PVC isn't that tight a fit. Are there burrs on the cut end? Maybe file or sand the end of the pipe to see if something is sticking out and catching when you fit the pipe.

kyleinpdx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would tackle this from the other direction. Get all of your piping mocked up and make sure everything fits correctly, then use a sharpie or something to mark a line where each piece should sit. When you glue it up, the pieces will want to bottom out more than if dry, so use the lines to get everything in its correct positions.

Also, dont forget that when the glue is curing, the pieces will want to push out as well so dont push em together and walk away.

Snoopy 67

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glued pipes will seat all the way into the pipe with a push & turn motion. Measure the depth of the recess & add to pipe length on each end.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 8.4%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 35 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 135 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 10 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.0%
Back