Pygmy cherub angel feeding tips?

emsilkina

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a pygmy cherub a few days ago and I tried to feed it today and yesterday but it does not seem to be feeding well. I fed it Mysis shrimp at night because that's the time I feed my clownfish, but the angel stayed hidden in the rocks and did not seem to be eating. Is this behavior normal?

Aldrinlights

Reeth Huthbandry
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My friend had a potters angel that started out the same way, He would just keep offering food and eventually she accepted it. Has your angel been nipping at the rocks? If so it is a good sign it's looking for food, maybe getting some from the rock. If you want to try take a small rock or dead coral smear food on it and place it were she nibbles the most. Note food will quickly flake off of rock so don't over do it.

Last edited:

Sam816

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
try masstick and use @Aldrinlights trick. it should stick on longer. once the fish gets used to masstick, you can start sticking it on the glass. live brine shrimps might be helpful in enticing them.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back