pyramid butterfly fish and clams

  • Thread starter Thread starter outerbank
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

outerbank

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2018
Messages
275
Reaction score
463
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These fish are supposed to be reef safe. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with them and clams. I think the fish is beautiful and a good size but I do not want one munching on one of my 10 clams.
 
These fish are supposed to be reef safe. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with them and clams. I think the fish is beautiful and a good size but I do not want one munching on one of my 10 clams.
Wow 10 clams!!! I haven’t had any issues, but I am aware that it is on a fish-by-fish basis. Keeping them well fed will help curb the nipping behavior (if they ever display any) and don’t feed clam. I had a flame angel that never had an issue with my clams until I added clam to their diet, suddenly my beautiful maxima looked delicious...
 
Don't feed clams or anything clam-related.
Tridacna clams and clams on the 1/2 shell are both call clams by human, but I doubt that fishes and invertebrates consider them same thing. I feed clams and oyster on the 1/2 shell to my fishes, no problem with my Tridacna clams.
Scott, I don't have any experience with Pyramid Butterfly.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new