Qestions about leather care

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cl0ne1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Cl0ne1

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 22, 2012
Messages
68
Reaction score
1
Location
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a green polyp leather frag. The foot has almost covered the plug. Recently I have noticed that the foot is getting some kind of leigions or something. it doesn't look like something is eating it because throughout the entire wound, it is exactly the same depth into the foot. One of the wounds looks glossy or glittery...unusual to say the least but still its normal color. The head of the leather is an off white like normal but it has a couple of spots on the outer edge that is pure white and no polyps are extending through it. The wounds on the foot look almost like they were cut out by a cookie cutter and then skinned off. the wounds on the top look like it might have been shaved off. There is also a very small slit on the edge of the top. WHAT THE HECK IS ATTACKING MY LEATHER!!! I dipped it in Coral Rx about a week ago. At first everything looked GREAT. The polyps extended further and more numerous than I have ever seen. Now it is acting the same as it was before, but has more damage to the top...not the foot.

I am going to try another Coral Rx dip later today. If anyone has any other insights, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Tank you for your time,


Kevin
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new