QT 3 tangs together?

yman182

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to start QT for the first batch of fish that will be going into my 270G 7ft tank. My QT is a 40 breeder. I have heard it is a good idea to add tangs at the same time. I’m looking to start with a 2” hippo, 2.5” yellow and 2” sailfin. Would it be a bad idea to QT them together at the same time?

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a reasonable idea. I would have some egg crate at the ready to use as a divider as needed.

QT for 30 days or so? Is the tank good and cycled?

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to start QT for the first batch of fish that will be going into my 270G 7ft tank. My QT is a 40 breeder. I have heard it is a good idea to add tangs at the same time. I’m looking to start with a 2” hippo, 2.5” yellow and 2” sailfin. Would it be a bad idea to QT them together at the same time?

Should be fine. I have a blue tang, sailfin, and whitetail bristletooth in a 40B now, all about 3”. They’ve been thru copper power already (in separate 20G tanks before I bought the 40) and I’m treating with prazi now.

On my 40B I have a Tidal 75 and a 4” block of foam with a maxijet 1200. Cycled by soaking the foam in turbostart. I dose Prime every couple days since I feed heavy (and can’t seem to stop).

Foam filters are excellent!!

OP
OP
Y

yman182

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a reasonable idea. I would have some egg crate at the ready to use as a divider as needed.

QT for 30 days or so? Is the tank good and cycled?

Maintank is mid cycle. Ammonia is dropping and nitrates are rising. QT is cycled. I’m taking is slow, but the plan was to QT for 6-8 weeks.

OP
OP
Y

yman182

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be fine. I have a blue tang, sailfin, and whitetail bristletooth in a 40B now, all about 3”. They’ve been thru copper power already (in separate 20G tanks before I bought the 40) and I’m treating with prazi now.

On my 40B I have a Tidal 75 and a 4” block of foam with a maxijet 1200. Cycled by soaking the foam in turbostart. I dose Prime every couple days since I feed heavy (and can’t seem to stop).

Foam filters are excellent!!

I am doing something similar in the 40B. I have an aquaclear 70 with a foam pad and the bio media they give. I soaked it in dr Tim’s.

OP
OP
Y

yman182

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I ended up getting the yellow and sailfin, no problems at all after the first hour. The store is looking to give me a powder brown next week. At that time I will have the copper power up to 2.5ppm. I know I will have to reset the clock if I add the powder brown, but is it a bad idea to drop a fish right into 2.5ppm copper with out the acclimation? I am taking about 7 days to from 1ppm of copper power to 2.5ppm.

thank you!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back