QT Biota Yellow Tang?

RWhitt907

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting ready to wrap up a full QT/Fallow period for my tank. Should I QT a Biota Yellow Tang or add directly to my tank. I'm picking it up from a local reefer who had a QT'd DT.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting ready to wrap up a full QT/Fallow period for my tank. Should I QT a Biota Yellow Tang or add directly to my tank. I'm picking it up from a local reefer who had a QT'd DT.
I would fully quarantine it, unless you know for certain that the person you are getting it from did a good job with biosecurity.
Fish diseases often show up after a fish has been transferred, due to the stress of that event.

OP
OP
RWhitt907

RWhitt907

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would fully quarantine it, unless you know for certain that the person you are getting it from did a good job with biosecurity.
Fish diseases often show up after a fish has been transferred, due to the stress of that event.
I do have a temporary tank set up to observe it while my QT finishes. As long as everything seems fine I'll likely add it directly to my DT drive it is an aquaculture fish

Magic031707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would observe it for couple weeks making sire the move didn't stress it out to crazy. I just got done quarantining one for 6 weeks.

OP
OP
RWhitt907

RWhitt907

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would observe it for couple weeks making sire the move didn't stress it out to crazy. I just got done quarantining one for 6 weeks.
I'm hoping it's alright. The person I'm getting it from is rehoming it because his purple tang has been bullying it

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.5%
Back