QT Biota Yellow Tang?

RWhitt907

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting ready to wrap up a full QT/Fallow period for my tank. Should I QT a Biota Yellow Tang or add directly to my tank. I'm picking it up from a local reefer who had a QT'd DT.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting ready to wrap up a full QT/Fallow period for my tank. Should I QT a Biota Yellow Tang or add directly to my tank. I'm picking it up from a local reefer who had a QT'd DT.
I would fully quarantine it, unless you know for certain that the person you are getting it from did a good job with biosecurity.
Fish diseases often show up after a fish has been transferred, due to the stress of that event.

OP
OP
RWhitt907

RWhitt907

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would fully quarantine it, unless you know for certain that the person you are getting it from did a good job with biosecurity.
Fish diseases often show up after a fish has been transferred, due to the stress of that event.
I do have a temporary tank set up to observe it while my QT finishes. As long as everything seems fine I'll likely add it directly to my DT drive it is an aquaculture fish

Magic031707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would observe it for couple weeks making sire the move didn't stress it out to crazy. I just got done quarantining one for 6 weeks.

OP
OP
RWhitt907

RWhitt907

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would observe it for couple weeks making sire the move didn't stress it out to crazy. I just got done quarantining one for 6 weeks.
I'm hoping it's alright. The person I'm getting it from is rehoming it because his purple tang has been bullying it

monkiboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
there are several posts and experiences with flukes and parasites with biota, unfortunately. even more so because it is coming from another system, you definitely need to quarantine and potentially prophylactically treat depending on your own goals for your system.

OP
OP
RWhitt907

RWhitt907

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there are several posts and experiences with flukes and parasites with biota, unfortunately. even more so because it is coming from another system, you definitely need to quarantine and potentially prophylactically treat depending on your own goals for your system.
Unfortunately the Tang didn't end up making it. He was doing good in the holding tank but didn't last 2 weeks in my display

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 16 14.8%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 48 44.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 38 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back