QT for red dragonet

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just be sure NOT to put the rock back into the DT.

OP
OP
david p.

david p.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just be sure NOT to put the rock back into the DT.
i segregate everything. DT stuff away from QT stuff.

i take a rock from DT in a dedicated bucket for DT stuff. rince with tank water with a dedicated container. the rocks only see DT stuff.

i empty the QT with a QT container for the aprox amount of water i took out of DT to rince rock. i empty the DT bucket in a clean platic container then empty in QT.

not sure if my explanation helps.... but i don't mix anything between DT and QT.
actually this QT freaks me out more than the others QT i made, my main dispay is running rly good and i'm really afraid to get something bad in.

It will get more complicated in 48h for the first transfer... will have bucket everywhere!! sight!

OP
OP
david p.

david p.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really happy, the red mandarin started eating, or at least i was able to see him eat a few pods. i had bought oyster eggs (only eggs type of food i could find). was planning on trying these tonight, or frozen blood worm. i might just continu with pods.
yesterday i tried mysis shrimp, no luck.

OP
OP
david p.

david p.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was able to take a video of the mandarine in the 12'' pipe feeding. you can see the pods all over the place :)
sorry for the bad quality, it was just to give an idea how the pods buffet was looking.
I have also a 3'' pipe in the QT and i dont see pods.

OP
OP
david p.

david p.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here he is!
not shy anymore.
the white spot is dirt not ich
P9130038.JPG
P9130039.JPG
P9130040.JPG

OP
OP
david p.

david p.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
quick question.
i just transfered after 72h in the first tank.
i want to treat with prasipro, 1/4 tea spoon in 5 gal. once i doze, i leave the fish with mediaction for 3 days ?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
quick question.
i just transfered after 72h in the first tank.
i want to treat with prasipro, 1/4 tea spoon in 5 gal. once i doze, i leave the fish with mediaction for 3 days ?

Better to dose Prazipro 24 hrs before you make the next transfer. 24 hrs exposure time is all it takes for that particular medication. No reason to expose the fish any longer than needed IMO.

OP
OP
david p.

david p.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
little update, i completed the prazipro treatment #1 and just transfered in the 3rd tank.
I guess it is a good sign, while i was trying to catch him, he ran away and had to chase it for a bit. he's getting stronger i guess. the other transfer i could pick him up easily.
he's only eating pods, trying frozen mysis, brine adn oyster egg. no succes.

OP
OP
david p.

david p.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little update... Day 10
Did my 3rd Transfer yesterday (72h each).
Since the last 4 days, i have been rationning pods and tried to feed some frozen food. He was ignoring everything... but tonight when i fed frozen... he jumped on the first bite and ate everything i gave him. All frozen food meal. I have to say that no pods where added yesterday after he ignored frozen food.
He is getting healthier, more vigourous.

i was so nervous when i first got this guy :) :)

OP
OP
david p.

david p.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have to say that the TTM is great, first time i'm trying, will do the same for my next (and last) fish addition.
I usually did the 'standard' QT with a 2x prazipro dip only during the first week or so, then observation, for a total of 4-6 weeks. And threating as needed.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is a really great thread! It's the first one that I've seen that really addresses how to QT a dragonet. Excellent info! Thanks guys!

Oldsofty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pics! Just went over these this morning and they started my day off right. Good job on that mandy...

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Afaik mandarins do not carry ich because of their slime coat. Tank transfer would be stressful and unnecessary.
I want a small female for my 20g and will load with pods and then keep it in a breeder box for maybe a motnh so i can train it onto frozen foods and pellets maybe.

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was able to take a video of the mandarine in the 12'' pipe feeding. you can see the pods all over the place :)
sorry for the bad quality, it was just to give an idea how the pods buffet was looking.
I have also a 3'' pipe in the QT and i dont see pods.

Ohhh i joined this thread because i thoufght it was a ruby red dragonet, not a red mandairn lol. Im getting a ruby red for my 20g

Back