QT Question

ReeferMadne55

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 19, 2020
Messages
43
Reaction score
40
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed that my angel has some Ich. I set up a QT yesterday. I filled the QT with tank water, threw in some biomedia and a filter pad, along with a splash of Fritz Turbostart 900 and a small amount of fish food for ammonia. I let that cycle overnight. I just tested water now and its reading 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, and about 15 nitrates. Am I able to add the fish to the QT today?
 
Yes, keep a eye out on the ammonia going forward.
 
Yes, keep a eye out on the ammonia going forward.

I bought an ammonia alert badge, should be here tomorrow. What are your recommendations on lighting schedule for QT? Should I leave them off?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new