QT tank setup

fachatga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im about to setup a QT tank. Should have had one already but it’s been 5 months I’ve been doing this and need to be prepared. And to use for any new fish but my tank is full for now. I’d like to hear how people have theirs set up. Should I get a small AIO so it’s easy to keep running and ready and cycled? Do you keep anything in it-it’s an empty tank until it’s needed? Is it necessary to have a full setup like the main tank? I don’t want to overdo it but want it to be right. Besides fish I have a small zoo at my house and the less extra maintenance the better. Divorced father of 3 little girls with a snake, turtle, bearded dragon and fish. I’ve got enough to worry about without thinking about an empty tank. I’d like it to be as set it and forget it as possible. But I’ll do what I need to keep things right in case of emergence. I’ll have a new 100 gal coming in a few weeks too so I will need quarantine space in a few months. Thanks.

jdiefenbaugh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use heaters, sponge filters, PVC fittings, with thermometers and ammo badges. I do keep sand in 1 tank for sifters and wrasses (have added a Tupperware with sand in the past). Sterilized in between, and I use Fritzyme or Dr. Tim's to pre cycle. Pretty simple.

GetAttachmentThumbnail-12.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back