QT tank with a goby

jdivz87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just had a brook outbreak. Killed 4 clownfish. Only fish left was a watchman goby.

I have the goby in QT so I can fallow my Main for 8 weeks. Once this is done and I put goby back should I drain QT and vinegar wash and once I get more fish start the process? Advice please

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just had a brook outbreak. Killed 4 clownfish. Only fish left was a watchman goby.

I have the goby in QT so I can fallow my Main for 8 weeks. Once this is done and I put goby back should I drain QT and vinegar wash and once I get more fish start the process? Advice please

If the goby was untreated, the bigger risk for disease transmission would be the putting of that fish back into the DT. There won't be anything in the QT that isn't on the goby.

OP
OP
jdivz87

jdivz87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My apologies. Totally get that. I said it wrong. So once treated and goby good to go back? Do I break QT down and restart it for the next new fish?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My apologies. Totally get that. I said it wrong. So once treated and goby good to go back? Do I break QT down and restart it for the next new fish?

What I like to do is to break down the QT, but keep some filter from that running on your DT. I use double sponge filters running in a sump to do that. That way, you don't need to maintain an empty QT, but you will still have an operating biofilter available at a moments notice when you set the QT back up in the future.

Jay

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back