Qt temps

  • Thread starter Thread starter Saltgator
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Joined
Mar 4, 2011
Messages
3,488
Reaction score
142
Location
SouthWest FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After my larger qt has been setup a while (2 weeks), I noticed my temp was 84 throughout the day and only dropped a bit in the evening. I started this bigger qt in the garage, but now I'm think it needs to go in the reef room (since I don't own a chiller). Any thoughts as to a temp of 84 for my fish qt? Thanks

Country Boy using tapatalk on his EVO
 
Brad, have you tried a fan blowing across the water. 84 is a little higher that I would like mine to be.
 
Brad, have you tried a fan blowing across the water. 84 is a little higher that I would like mine to be.

10-4 on that Brett. I tried a box fan about 3 feet away on high for 4 hours and it stayed rock steady @ 84. I just ended up moving the qt inside the reef room. Just the location change under an hour and solid 79 degrees. Thanks Brett. Now tearing my 240 apart...

Country Boy using tapatalk on his EVO
 
Im sorry to hear that Brad. Best of luck figuring things out bud.
 
Blowing fan across the water not at tank will work. The purpose of across is to create evaporation which will cool tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 21 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new