QTd fish selection discussion

joe0813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having a little debate on which Qt'd fish vendor would be best.... TSM, Marine Collectors or Dr.Reef. TSM is the only one that says they do a full 30 day QT. Both Dr. Reef and Marine Collectors state they do a 14 day QT. If you were going or have ordered from one of these three vendors which one would you go which or have gone with. I personally have used Marine Collectors once and just used TSM (waiting for fish to finish QT) Im starting to lean more towards TSM just for the fact they do the 30 full days. Ive read posts on another forum stating how some strains of ich can go the 14 days and not die. Plus what if on that 14th day you dont time removing the fish right to another tank and it brings ich over. Maybe im over thinking it? Just dont want to spend money on "qtd" fish and end up with ich.

This is in no way bashing other companies, I received great healthy fish from Marine Collectors. Im not a QT expert and am generally curious

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've got fish from Dr. Reef. Super healthy specimen. Very active. I couldn't be happier.

OP
OP
joe0813

joe0813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
few more days and ill have a powder blue and 3 scissor tail dart fish from TSM

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back