Quanrantine or Not

aquasport24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought a big Trigger from LFS that someone had traded a couple of days ago. Since it not a newly arrived, but it had been in the LFS water system. Do i still need to quarantine and Copper treatment before place him into the DT ? He's in Quarantine tank now, but no Copper yet.

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would always advise treatment, but this depends what you are doing with the rest of your system and if you will be treating other fish or if other fish in your system have been.

Reeffraff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to take the occasional risk back in the day. Got burned badly by disease. Never again. I QT everything!

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think AcroNem nailed it. As long as the other fish have been QTd, then QT this fish. If not, I would still QT to reduce the probability of introducing a fish disease into the tank (if it wasn't already present), but I would understand it doesn't stop my "home fish" from infecting this fish with whatever organisms are already present or any future fish from infecting everyone (if not QTd).

Phycodurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
congrats on the new acquisition. what kind of trigger??

observational (non-medicating) quarantine for several weeks at minimum IMO. if it were my fish, i’d proceed with TTM.

OP
OP
A

aquasport24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all for the quick response. I will starting the Copper treatment in a couple days.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you source CP instead of copper? Still researching using copper for Triggers. But there have been cases of sensitivity and more troubling, blindness "maybe" caused by treating with copper.

h2so4hurts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always QT, even if you haven't QTd other fish in your tank or you think you have parasites in your tank. It only takes one heavily infested fish to screw everything up, even in a tank where parasites are well managed.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back