QuantaPro LED Bars Initial Impressions

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0121.JPG IMG_0048.jpeg

Just put together a custom build for a new light on my 68g with 2 QuantaPro Meso Blues and an OG Pop, and thus far I am blown away by the lights. I did the custom Tslot 3030 design (custom 3d printed parts by @neon_reefer and 1000% recommended!)

Gotta say I am thrilled with these new light bars - they are noticeably more powerful than the OR3s or any of the competitors I've seen! Ive got them at 14" above the tank and might have to raise it a little more... For $140 ea., I think the value of these bars is unbeatable. Service and communication from Luca with Mahina Corals (maker of Quanta line) was awesome!

BLUER.gif

I like a old school very strong actinic blue color with mega pop, and was contemplating going back to XHOs when I couldn't achieve it with my Kessils. These though are superior in every way! More pop than a XHO actinic and much more power behind the bar. Ive been in the game for almost 20 years and have never seen an actinic pop/glow quite as strong as what the OG Pop produces! Using 2 Meso Blue (ATI Blue Plus color) 24s and a single OG Pop (Super Actinic) I got the intense blue I wanted without completely washing out the fish. For a lighter blue, you'd prob want to replace the OG Pop with something more full spectrum like their ReefCrest which emulates AB+ spectrum.

I haven't got a PAR meter on them yet, but the corals seem to love them as well. Will update down the road when I have some solid numbers to share!

Thus far HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Last edited:

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
if i ever upgrade my lights i am definitely going this route. 2 meso blues and the reef crest as you described might be just what i like..!

on a side note, i may have missed it, but can you put up a “how to” on your custom light fixture build? i’m hoping i can modify it to fit my 2 hydra 32hd’s with individual reef brite kits..

OP
OP
polyppal

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if i ever upgrade my lights i am definitely going this route. 2 meso blues and the reef crest as you described might be just what i like..!

on a side note, i may have missed it, but can you put up a “how to” on your custom light fixture build? i’m hoping i can modify it to fit my 2 hydra 32hd’s with individual reef brite kits..
yup, never heard anything bad about the Quanta lights, and am so happy I went that route.

yeah im getting ready to relaunch my build thread and ill document it all in there. It was actually quite simple - about 550$ all-in and I can't think of a better price option for coverage/performance (my tank is a custom weird 32" long)

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they are very simple - plug in the ballast and its on. So I have them hooked up to my Hydros that way.
So you are basically doing an ON/OFF control through your power bar? I believe reefbrites have a accessory cord that allows for the apex 0-10v control? I’ve been sniffing around bars lately….I just hit the par meter on my tank and I’m around 300 up high where my acros are 150-200 mid ranges and 150 on the center bottom with 100 on the edges, so I’m not sure I need more par, but I’m insane so ya know. Lol.

neonreef3d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Tank is looking good. I appreciate the shout out!! logo looks clean on that rail!! very nice touch.

My friend @minus9 turned me on to the quanta LEDS, He got them for his new build he is currently working on, and so he is letting me use his old orphek LEDS till I get myself a set of quanta LEDS.

I Cant wait till I'm done assembling my 3030 frame. been busy filling in custom orders.

OP
OP
polyppal

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you are basically doing an ON/OFF control through your power bar? I believe reefbrites have a accessory cord that allows for the apex 0-10v control? I’ve been sniffing around bars lately….I just hit the par meter on my tank and I’m around 300 up high where my acros are 150-200 mid ranges and 150 on the center bottom with 100 on the edges, so I’m not sure I need more par, but I’m insane so ya know. Lol.
I run the two Meso bars on one outlet and the OG on another, so the OG pop comes on first, then the Mesos after an hour, and the same with the ramp down in evening.

You should reach out to Luca @ Quantareef, he was very responsive to emails for me.

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run the two Meso bars on one outlet and the OG on another, so the OG pop comes on first, then the Mesos after an hour, and the same with the ramp down in evening.

You should reach out to Luca @ Quantareef, he was very responsive to emails for me.
I will absolutely do that. You are not the first to rave about these bars.

mlivvy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love mine. My only complaint is that you can't dim them. It overpowers any other light. I've been trying to find a 0-10v ballast that'll work with the bar with no luck.

geckoejon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0121.JPG IMG_0048.jpeg

Just put together a custom build for a new light on my 68g with 2 QuantaPro Meso Blues and an OG Pop, and thus far I am blown away by the lights. I did the custom Tslot 3030 design (custom 3d printed parts by @neon_reefer and 1000% recommended!)

Gotta say I am thrilled with these new light bars - they are noticeably more powerful than the OR3s or any of the competitors I've seen! Ive got them at 14" above the tank and might have to raise it a little more... For $140 ea., I think the value of these bars is unbeatable. Service and communication from Luca with Mahina Corals (maker of Quanta line) was awesome!

BLUER.gif

I like a old school very strong actinic blue color with mega pop, and was contemplating going back to XHOs when I couldn't achieve it with my Kessils. These though are superior in every way! More pop than a XHO actinic and much more power behind the bar. Ive been in the game for almost 20 years and have never seen an actinic pop/glow quite as strong as what the OG Pop produces! Using 2 Meso Blue (ATI Blue Plus color) 24s and a single OG Pop (Super Actinic) I got the intense blue I wanted without completely washing out the fish. For a lighter blue, you'd prob want to replace the OG Pop with something more full spectrum like their ReefCrest which emulates AB+ spectrum.

I haven't got a PAR meter on them yet, but the corals seem to love them as well. Will update down the road when I have some solid numbers to share!

Thus far HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Any update on these bars? Par, corals happy, & would you recommend?

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run a mess blue and some reef bites with my halides. The build quality and spectrum puts reefbrite to shame. It’s not even close. Visually the reefbrites have much more light blue than the mesh blue so they definitely bring out different colors but I’m sure the OG pop is very similar and I’m guessing the combination of meso blue and og pop looks amazing and it absolutely has more valuable spectrum.

After replacing diodes on my reefbrites and really getting to know them internally it’s ridiculous how expensive they are. Plus if they are attached to halides the LED lenses get burnt after just a few years. I will eventually replace all my reefbrites with OG pop to compliment the meso blues.

thomas_neil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my quanta pros. I currently have a mess blue and a reef crest as supplemental. Planning on getting more for my new build I’m planning.

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ask because I'm thinking about bolting a couple onto a Sunpower. It hangs at 12", could go higher if needed to stave off the disco.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 46 29.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 43 27.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.1%
Back