Quarantine got me back to reefing.

cesar6261

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 26, 2020
Messages
165
Reaction score
79
Location
Covina
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
So, after working 10 hours a day 6-7 days a week for the past 5 years the covid-19 virus slowed down work enough that I decided to start a reef tank. Technically I cheated bought a established 40 gallon tank on offer up as a birthday gift to myself. Its been running smoothly since I purchased and install it 6 weeks ago. I can say I am hooked. I upgraded the lights to the xr15 G5, added a DIY chaeto reactor and about 10 frags to the existing rock work/ corals. I am already looking into upgrading tanks hopefully by this month. Glad I found R2R plenty of helpful information on the site as well as people I am excited to join the community.
 
Welcome to R2R!!
 
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....
pics!!!..we all love pics.. :)
 
received_244003776723671.gif
 
Welcome to R2R!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
So, after working 10 hours a day 6-7 days a week for the past 5 years the covid-19 virus slowed down work enough that I decided to start a reef tank. Technically I cheated bought a established 40 gallon tank on offer up as a birthday gift to myself. Its been running smoothly since I purchased and install it 6 weeks ago. I can say I am hooked. I upgraded the lights to the xr15 G5, added a DIY chaeto reactor and about 10 frags to the existing rock work/ corals. I am already looking into upgrading tanks hopefully by this month. Glad I found R2R plenty of helpful information on the site as well as people I am excited to join the community.
Welcome to R2R Cesar. Lots of knowledgable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new