quarantine question/survey

hutch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how many people actually quarantine?I have had my tank up and running for about 6 months now and have lost almost every fish to ick. I recently had 3 fish breakout really bad with ick so I decided that I could not keep losing fish like this and set up a quarantine and started treating with copper. after 1 week all ick is gone and fish are eating like pigs. I will be keeping the fish wanting for the next 8 to 10 weeks keeping my display tank fallow for the parasite to die off. during my research and quarantine I read that anything wet should be quarantined for a minimum of 72 days. Which would mean having a quarantine tank set up to support coral 72 days and a separate one for fish for 72 days. I put him on quarantine my fish for 2 weeks and treating with copper whether there are any signs of parasite or not and dipping corals. Hopefully this will minimize fish lost due to parasites. so I'm wondering what everyone's practices are when it comes to adding new livestock? Fish and invertebrates.

james30ct

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not recommending anyone follow what I do but I dont quarantine any fish. In fact the only fish that I had get ich was one I tried to quarantine. I have lost fish to my nem and jumping but all are healthy. I recommend getting your water parameters good and feed well with a variety of foods and your chances will improve. If your system has ich leave it empty for a month or two.

Ktm898

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i found quarantine the hard way. from now on everything is quarantined besides cuc.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back