quarantine question/survey

  • Thread starter Thread starter hutch
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

hutch

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 20, 2014
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Location
Enfield
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how many people actually quarantine?I have had my tank up and running for about 6 months now and have lost almost every fish to ick. I recently had 3 fish breakout really bad with ick so I decided that I could not keep losing fish like this and set up a quarantine and started treating with copper. after 1 week all ick is gone and fish are eating like pigs. I will be keeping the fish wanting for the next 8 to 10 weeks keeping my display tank fallow for the parasite to die off. during my research and quarantine I read that anything wet should be quarantined for a minimum of 72 days. Which would mean having a quarantine tank set up to support coral 72 days and a separate one for fish for 72 days. I put him on quarantine my fish for 2 weeks and treating with copper whether there are any signs of parasite or not and dipping corals. Hopefully this will minimize fish lost due to parasites. so I'm wondering what everyone's practices are when it comes to adding new livestock? Fish and invertebrates.
 
Not recommending anyone follow what I do but I dont quarantine any fish. In fact the only fish that I had get ich was one I tried to quarantine. I have lost fish to my nem and jumping but all are healthy. I recommend getting your water parameters good and feed well with a variety of foods and your chances will improve. If your system has ich leave it empty for a month or two.
 
i found quarantine the hard way. from now on everything is quarantined besides cuc.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new