Quarantine service? Would you pay?

I fell that I would quarantine everything. Maybe I have lost confidence in the LFS but its hard to trust some one to QT your fish when they have a hard time cleaning their own tanks or tying to sell me a fish that is on its way down the drain.
 
Ever since I started this thread I have been tryin to find the web page about this quarantine system that is off the coast...which coast? Don't remember... However I can say this:
5g culligan jug
Plastic stackable drawers
Water from the ocean
Micron filters

There is a place out there that puts one fish per jug and the fresh ocean water goes through a filter and into the system, then gets flushed back out to the ocean. It supposedly kills ich in like a week or less. Its driving me bonkers because i can't find it again, but it seemed awesome for anyone doing large quantities of livestock. They had a massive emperor angel in the 5g and cured its ich before it had a chance to get stressed from the small tank
 
Many stores already use copper or hyposalinity to deal with all new fish to help minimize fish loss. Critical factor for survival depends heavily on how the fish was initially captured - hand caught, cyanide (unfortunately), etc - and the shipping technique/process. If the LFS is willing to hold the fish, then slowly transition the fish into reef ready parameters (higher salinity/no copper), and keep it there for a month or more, I would be willing to pay more for the fish. Otherwise, I'd stick to my QT practice.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new