Quarantine service? Would you pay?

Oliver_Klosoff

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I fell that I would quarantine everything. Maybe I have lost confidence in the LFS but its hard to trust some one to QT your fish when they have a hard time cleaning their own tanks or tying to sell me a fish that is on its way down the drain.

OP
OP
S

SeymourDuncan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever since I started this thread I have been tryin to find the web page about this quarantine system that is off the coast...which coast? Don't remember... However I can say this:
5g culligan jug
Plastic stackable drawers
Water from the ocean
Micron filters

There is a place out there that puts one fish per jug and the fresh ocean water goes through a filter and into the system, then gets flushed back out to the ocean. It supposedly kills ich in like a week or less. Its driving me bonkers because i can't find it again, but it seemed awesome for anyone doing large quantities of livestock. They had a massive emperor angel in the 5g and cured its ich before it had a chance to get stressed from the small tank

kes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many stores already use copper or hyposalinity to deal with all new fish to help minimize fish loss. Critical factor for survival depends heavily on how the fish was initially captured - hand caught, cyanide (unfortunately), etc - and the shipping technique/process. If the LFS is willing to hold the fish, then slowly transition the fish into reef ready parameters (higher salinity/no copper), and keep it there for a month or more, I would be willing to pay more for the fish. Otherwise, I'd stick to my QT practice.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back