Quarantine Tank Cycle "Stuck"

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always that. In qt you change water sufficient to make it totally clean, using a siphon hose to remove uneaten waste, they don't need that much food while in observation prepare 80% new water matching temp and salinity and change

Never have so many proteins in the water the bacteria make it cloudy that's a pre crash sign. Don't use prime, ever, just water changes matching temp and salinity

No testing is needed only clear water, your frequency of change will be as often as needed to ensure total clarity. Feed less to avoid many water change intercepts

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed, the rule is as much water as it takes to counter act the reed buildup, matching temp and salinity and removing all strewn waste on the bottom with a directed siphon hose as it drains

its exactly like a reef blood transfusion to prevent sepsis, you’d do as much as it takes up to and including 100% and mix your water well, let it sit mixing 30 mins before use for food aeration

the cycle bacteria will remain adhered to the surfaces each time

***hey I see what you mean though, don’t leave them flopping on the surface agreed, don’t fully drain**

back to back 80% changes is the creative way

Last edited:
OP
OP
AnxiousAquarist

AnxiousAquarist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not total water change though. 20 % every day for 3 days.
Got it had a bunch of saltwater ready for changes with matching salinity & temp for use cause I knew I was gonna mess up some how.
Agreed, the rule is as much water as it takes to counter act the reed buildup, matching temp and salinity and removing all strewn waste on the bottom with a directed siphon hose as it drains

its exactly like a reef blood transfusion to prevent sepsis, you’d do as much as it takes up to and including 100% and mix your water well, let it sit mixing 30 mins before use for food aeration

the cycle bacteria will remain adhered to the surfaces each time

***hey I see what you mean though, don’t leave them flopping on the surface agreed, don’t fully drain**

back to back 80% changes is the creative way
Got it gonna siphon it all up! I also added a sponge filter for more oxygen cause I read something about a bacterial bloom taking away oxygen from the tank image.jpg

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back