quarantine

David Abbott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When my tank is totally cycled i plan to add 10 clown fish, 5 orange and white and 5 black and white. as there is no fish in the DT should i quarantine all 10 separate or all at the same time, or just put them directly in the DT

yuzu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you don't have any other fish I wouldn't bother with quarantining, but I don't know. Maybe if there are any that look unhealthy you could just separate those ones. I think unnecessary quarantining would cause stress unless you have lots of large tanks?

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are all small juvies they could be QT together as long as the bio filter can handle it. Lots of gas exchange though, especially with meds and don’t underestimate how 10 clowns can overwhelm a bio filter.

Even though you don’t have fish I would QT them as catching 10 clownfish and going fallow if they have a disease would be obnoxious.

Captive bred clownfish are often raised in empty tanks with PVC or Clay pots that look just like QT tanks anyways so it shouldn’t even be new to them.

OP
OP
D

David Abbott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are all small juvies they could be QT together as long as the bio filter can handle it. Lots of gas exchange though, especially with meds and don’t underestimate how 10 clowns can overwhelm a bio filter.

Even though you don’t have fish I would QT them as catching 10 clownfish and going fallow if they have a disease would be obnoxious.

Captive bred clownfish are often raised in empty tanks with PVC or Clay pots that look just like QT tanks anyways so it shouldn’t even be new to them.
so..... after the 30 day QT i can just add all them to the DT??

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what to do??? i watched a vid from BRS that recommended a product called one stop (not sure of that name) to treat the fish prior to QT

I would do a peroxide dip on them. Not all at once (unless the container is large) but a few at a time. I have done this numerous times on fish and they handle it very well.

This: https://humble.fish/community/index.php?threads/hydrogen-peroxide.21/

I personally treat my fish with hybrid TTM:

However some do 14 days of copper and then move to a new sterile tank or 30 days of copper. Copper does not treat flukes, internal parasites, uronema, or brook. It treats ich and velvet.

You could also just observe them for 1-2 months and do nothing. If they show no disease then they are likely velvet and brook free. Ich can often sneak in so it depends if you care about ich.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 33 29.7%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 25.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back