Question about a Radion XR30

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jaysushi
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jaysushi

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 3, 2016
Messages
328
Reaction score
311
Location
Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question about the Radion XR30. Is a single light sufficient at lighting a tank that is 30” long x 18” wide by 18” tall?

I plan on also using the diffuser and the mount will be the RMS tank mount. Could I get by with just the regular XR30 instead of a Pro?
 
Depends on the coral you want to keep in the tank
 
Forgot to mention that, I keep a mixed reef, with a few sps corals. I plan to add more sps corals and eventually go dominant.
I'm not sure if a Radion XR30 non-pro with a diffuser would be enough.
 
It will work if the light is higher up. The RMS mount will limit the spread to about 24in. Two XR15 would work better with the RMS.
 
@Highgrade That is good to hear! Because I was looking into getting two XR15's to help spread the lighting.
I'm currently using 2 AI Prime HDs right now.
 
@Highgrade That is good to hear! Because I was looking into getting two XR15's to help spread the lighting.
I'm currently using 2 AI Prime HDs right now.
I have two AI primes over an IM30L and it is a similar footprint to yours. They work great. The Primes are plenty light for a mixed SPS/LPS tank.
 
@Highgrade You think I should keep the two Primes then? Because I plan to pick up more sps later down the road and become sps dominant.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new