Question about accumulation box and H. melanurus wrasse

  • Thread starter Thread starter Devaji
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Devaji

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 27, 2016
Messages
7,865
Reaction score
6,793
Location
Jackson Hole, WY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK quick question I have a H. melanuras coming in tomorrow wondering if I can put the accumulation box on the sand bed or will if just try to bury it self unsuccessfully through the box??

I have a line spot flasher in the tank so i'll be using the accumulation box for sure. it does not have any way to attach it to side of tank. so is putting it on the sand OK?

options, thoughts?
cheers
 
I'd put through quarantine first, otherwise you're taking a risk in bringing a nasty disease into your DT. If you don't qt I would place the box so that it's secure and not bouncing around your tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new