Question about bleaching Torch! Help please

UABsleeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So over the past several weeks my metallic green torch coral has gotten progressively lighter and started to lose its green color and gotten progressively more pale..? All tank paramaters are stable the tank is a 29 gallon biocube.. The only reason I can think it is occurring is because it is getting to much light?? It's still opening up and extending its polyps?? I think this because another torch I have is slightly further back in the tank and appears to be doing great?? Any other ideas of what it could be and suggestions

This is right after buying
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1434334000.309856.jpg

And here it is now
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1434334041.700182.jpg

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, I'd say you didn't acclimate it to your lighting.
Might want to put em at the bottom, if he's already close, then put him in the shadows for a week, then slowly bring him out, then up.

OP
OP
UABsleeper

UABsleeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, I'd say you didn't acclimate it to your lighting.
Might want to put em at the bottom, if he's already close, then put him in the shadows for a week, then slowly bring him out, then up.

Thanks yeah I put him in the back where he's not directly under the light maybe it will get its color back thanks for the comment

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, wait a week to 10 days before moving him out. Then just do a bit at a time, watch the coral, they'll tell you if they don't like it.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 28 35.9%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 45 57.7%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back