Question about cleaning aquarium equipment

  • Thread starter Thread starter DaveT13
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DaveT13

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2023
Messages
11
Reaction score
6
Location
United States of America
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a sand siphon that was used in an aquarium with a really bad aiptasia problem. It has been dry for a few months now. Would it be safe to use in an aiptasia free tank if i clean it with vinegar and replace the hose? Or should I just get a new one altogether?
 
I have a sand siphon that was used in an aquarium with a really bad aiptasia problem. It has been dry for a few months now. Would it be safe to use in an aiptasia free tank if i clean it with vinegar and replace the hose? Or should I just get a new one altogether?
The almighty google says it can spread, and considering sand siphons are cheap I personally would toss it.

Thorough clean with vinegar and rinsing will work... But is it worth the risk?
 
Aiptasia won't survive being out of water for that long.
 
The almighty google says it can spread, and considering sand siphons are cheap I personally would toss it.

Thorough clean with vinegar and rinsing will work... But is it worth the risk?
True fact. I was kind of thinking the same thing. I went ahead and bought a new one off Amazon. Thanks buddy
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new