Question about clownfish behavior

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anubisxii
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Anubisxii

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 8, 2020
Messages
398
Reaction score
396
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 black and white clown fish, don't know exact species, I've had them for 2 months. I recently added a diamond goby and the clown fish will occasionally get close to the sand bed and wag its tail really quick and kick up some sand, I'm just wondering if anyone has seen this behavior before.

Maybe it's ticked at the goby for coming near it's live rock that the 2 clowns have decided to "host". Just making sure this is not a sign of them starting to get sick, they look great and eat well. I just want to reiterate their not rubbing they body in the sand more just kicking up some sand with their tails real quick.i already checked the fish disease thread and does not look like they have symptoms of anything.

Any input is appreciated. :)
 
I have a pair of tomato clowns that do this. It appears to be part of their mating process.
 
Oh man, I'm glad to hear that, I stocked up on some meds just in case. Better to be safe than sorry. I did not think at all it could be a mating thing, I figured their ticked at the goby for turning the tank upside down.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new